With new technology of TVs are always improved, the amount of electronic wastes are increasing rapidly. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, a few amounts of discarded televisions are recycled in USA. Most of them end up in the landfill that is course of environment pollution when toxins leach into the land, river, etc. However, everyone can stop this crisis by TV recycling. Recycling plasma TVs not only save energy and resources but also it may save your money. Many people may wander about how to recycle plasma TVs, these are some suggestion of plasma TV recycling:
• If your plasma TV is in good condition, think about reusing or donation your plasma TVs to other people first. Find a local charity that accepts working plasma TV, and contact them to pick-up your TV.
• If it’s possible to reuse sell your old plasma TV through a local classified ad or on the internet to recoup a bit of money.
• Contact the store where you plan to buy your new TV and ask them that they offer a trade-in program or not. If they can accept your plasma TV, your TV is recycled and you will get back some money.
• Also, ask the store where you purchased your new TV that they offer a take-back program or not. If not, contact the manufacture because some manufactures join with local retailers to provide drop-off point for plasma TV recycling.
• You can contact repair shop in your aria and ask if they buy your old Plasma TV for renovating.
• However, if above step is not working for you, contact your local waste management service to see how your old plasma TV is handled in your area.